Friday, January 14, 2011

PUPPY OF THE MONTH

This is the face of January and a mighty fine one too I must say!   Although the month is half over it's never to late to start something so I will be posting a puppy every month.

My day did not start off particularly well as one of my neighbors decided to take my laundry day and so I didn't get finished as early as I usually do.  Thus with my day shortened and a tea party looming in the afternoon I was a mite cranky but I got over it. 

The tea party was lovely, hosted by a lovely lady in a gorgeous house that she is house-sitting for the winter.  She says it's like a holiday for her and her husband rattling around in it all by themselves.  She says they don't use any of the rooms with white rugs.  Egad, can you imagine living in a house with the formal DR and front parlour/sitting room with rugs the color of eggshell?  I wouldn't use them either even if I lived there and definitely no pets and no children!!

That is quite the contrast to the living conditions of a family I read about recently.  The economy south of a certain border has made life very hard for some.  A young man and his little boy recently moved back to his parent's home where his sister and HER family had already returned to.  The father spent 45 minutes on the phone with a very confused enumerator to get the census form filled out correctly. 
The final tally:  six adults, one teenager, one toddler, two dogs, a cat, a hamster and a bearded dragon that has recently moved out.


No comments:

Post a Comment