Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Family Grows



Once upon a time Jesse Sage Sr and Ann Vowals were married October 15, 1797, in Somerset, England.  Their 8th child Jesse Jr pictured above came to Canada to spy out the land.  He returned to England and brought out 6 brothers and 3 married sisters.  One those sisters was Ann Ash and her husband Charles Ash founding the Ash family in Canada and eventually becoming my maternal ancestors.
   Three days ago I was contacted by a Sage cousin named Rob from England looking for information about his ancestors that came to Canada and thus many emails have travelled back forth across the Pond.  It's really exciting to be in touch with another member of the family and it never fails to thrill me as I think of what I might learn and see in the material he will send.  I am especially hopeful that I will get some cemetery pictures.  
 Jesse Sage Sr's tombstone reads as follows:

"The sweet remembrance of the just shall flourish when they sleep in dust."

No comments:

Post a Comment