Tuesday, June 28, 2011

YESTERDAYS PHOTOS AND NEW RECIPE BOOKS





Things are really 
blooming here now.  This was from my gadding about yesterday.  Today was a different kind of day for me.  I couldn't seem to get into any of my routines and felt restless and fidgety all day long perhaps because next door for the last 3 days they have been ripping out their basement walls etc and today started lifting the cinder slab sidewalks on both sides. likely where most of the water leaked in...too much activity for me.  I ended up going to the library and spent a lovely 1 1/2 hours in quiet solitude, renewed my library card and brought home three books to read.  
One title in particular caught my eye " CARROT CAKE MURDER" by Joanne Fluke.  As a great connoisseur of carrot cake myself I felt it my duty to check it out.  Later I find out that all her books have a food-related murder theme such as 
BLUEBERRY MUFFIN MURDER and SUGAR COOKIE MURDER.  But the quirkiness doesn't stop there--the book's heroine Hannah runs a bakery called the COOKIE JAR and any recipe mentioned in the story is printed in the same chapter.  I might add that the recipes are good but I'm thinking the books would look really odd in with the cookbooks on the shelf .......
I'm a hundred pages into the book and it's funny and entertaining and plan to enlarge my recipe collection over the lazy hazy days of summer by doing a lot of reading. I think I'll skip the FUNERAL HOTDISH though, it serves 75!

No comments:

Post a Comment